9bar - Product Review

I love discovering new *healthy* products.. and I discovered this one quite by accident. I found the 9bars lurking in the 'free from' section of the supermarket (not a section I normally browse) and was immediately drawn to the 'mixed seed energy bars' topped with carob.. once tried I was hooked and looked up this 'new brand' to see what I could find.

My local supermarket only stocks the original & flax bars
so 9bar kindly sent me the full range to try!
9bars are made in Wales (UK) and are free from wheat, gluten, dairy, lactose, yeast and egg, making them ideal for those with food allergies or specific dietary requirements. They also contain no trans fats (bad, processed fat), artificial additives, preservatives or colours (always a good thing!). They get their name from the wonderful seeds and hemp which contain all 9 essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein which our bodies cannot make).

The bars are crammed with superfood nutritional goodness..
  • Rich in omega 3 (essential for heart health)
  • Low glycaemic index (releases energy slowly)
  • High protein (8-11g protein per bar)
  • Complete protein (the bars contain all 20 amino acids & the 9 essential amino acids)
  • Good source of fibre (for digestive health & reducing cholesterol levels)

There are 6 different types of bar to choose from (as pictured above) with my favourite being the 'original' and the 'flax' bars. Flax seeds are a fantastic source of omega 3 (for heart health) and help to contribute to a healthy digestive system. Most of the bars are topped with carob, which is basically like a healthier version of cocoa - it's caffeine free and is naturally sweeter which means that it needs less sugar added to it to make it taste good!
 
 
These bars really are crammed with so many nutrients and although they are slightly higher in calories than the standard between meal 'snack bars' (they're around 270 calories a bar), they're a great source a protein and in my opinion great for more active people (they are a perfect pre or post work out boost) or for those who choose to eat 'little and often' - if you are trying to lose weight then my advice would be to incorporate these within your daily calorie allowance (phone apps such as My Fitness Pal can calorie count for you - vlog/blog review to come on that!). They could even be a nutritious 'breakfast on the go' for busier mornings.
 
You can visit 9bar's website [here].
 
I hope you've enjoyed this (100% honest) product review, and if you would like to read more 'snack food' product reviews you can below:
 
 
 
Dorset Cereals - in the 'benefits of breakfast'
 
 
 
And to make your very own snack bars check out these lovely recipes:
 
 
 
 
 
Look out for my next YouTube video 'how to choose a healthy snack bar' - you can subscribe to my channel [here] - thank you!
 
Nic x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment