a post to catch up

I was sorting through some photos, and it hit me that there were so many great meals we had that hasn't been posted, so this is going to a rather long post.



We heard about Konichiwa from the Owner of Sanko when Gabe was looking for the sesame grinder. The owner said they have the most authentic Japanese ramen there. I've been craving for good ramen for ages! We finally went to Konichiwa with Celine and Jin a month ago. The food is really great. We ordered ramen and katsu-don, and both dishes tasted very authentic and home-y. The interior decorations are also quite cute. You can tell that it's a Japanese operated restaurant right when you walked into the place.





I love french crepes, but I've never had eastern european crepes before we went to Krepesz in Kensington Market. The crepe there is quite different from the french crepes, these ones are a lot thinner and lighter. I had a sour cherry crepe (pictured above), Amy had a fruit salad crepe with ice-cream, and Gabe had the chicken stew crepe, which I thought was the best out of the 3. I'm definitely going back to try more of the savoury crepes.


Scoop & Bean is just a 2 minute walk from where we used to live in the Annex. We wanted to go there because we read on Blog TO that they serve ice-cream in coffee (what's the proper italian term for this?) , it's my two favourite things combined together, how could I resist! When we got there, I decided to get a milk shake, and Gabe got a raspberry ice-cream with white chocolate and some sort of nuts, oh and a cookie plus a latte. I like the ice-cream there, but they only serve vanilla ice-cream in coffee, so I thought that's a little boring, hence didn't pick my original choice.

On a side note, I should really move back in the Annex after I graduate, there's too many good cafes and restaurants that I'm not willing to give up on.



The last thing I got to mentions is a home made breakfast, but I guess you can make it as a side dish/snack too. What's looking very peculiar in the picture above is chinese steamed egg (蛋羹), or what's known as chawanmushi in Japanese (茶碗蒸し). The basics of this dish is egg and milk, one egg would require 1.5 times of milk or water in volume. You can put in pieces of vegetables in there too, but here I made it for breakfast, so I skipped the vegetables. Steam for about 15mins. Sesame oil and soya sauce was put on top for flavouring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment