Oranges from Spain - Vivavida Gourmet Review

It's not a secret that I love fruit, but you may not know that my friends and family often don't share the same passion for it as me.. well, that was until now. The other week, a special delivery arrived in the post for me from Spain - 15Kg of the most beautiful, vibrant and tasty oranges that I have ever tried.

I think I did too much editing on this photo.. the oranges do not really glow..!
The oranges were sent to me by Vivavida Gourmet - from tree to table in 24-48 hours is their motto and I could not believe the difference in taste compared to my regular oranges - and neither could my family and friends who were lucky enough to try them - even people who 'didn't like oranges' were asking for more! I was sent a mixture of different oranges all of which were super easy to peal (a big thing for me as I love to snack on fruit on the go). So, what's the story behind these super juicy and tasty oranges?!

Yum!
Here is a little background to the orange story from the orange tree owner himself (but you can read more on their website) ...


"I was living in London for a few months, and one of the first things I did wasbuy some oranges from Valencia from the supermarket. The Oranges had a nice colour and were bright, but tasted awful. This is normal as the oranges that are sold in supermarkets have been cut free from the tree for up to 20-40 days. All this thanks to cold storage and chemical treatments.

Since then I always had in mind the idea of how could the people of England, France and  Germany could eat an orange with the same flavour, be natural and fresh straight from the tree. We aim to promote
the benefits of buying oranges directly to the farmer, without intermediaries or post harvest chemical treatments. We hope you enjoy our oranges and tangerines."


My fruit bowl never tasted so good!
 

Oranges are one of the healthiest snack foods around and they even come in their own packaging.. they are low in calories (around 60 calories for a medium orange), are packed with Vitamin C (essential for our immune systems), contain soluble fibre (to lower the cholesterol in our blood) and are virtually fat-free - healthy food really does taste good!!
 
So, if you want to taste and serve the most delicious oranges then you can.. here's the link to their online shop.. http://vivavida.es/online-shop/ . I hope you've found this review useful - I love sharing healthy food products, especially those that are such a big hit during 'taste testing' !!
 
Have a great week,
 
Nic x

0 comments:

Post a Comment