IF I SAY I HOPE IT'S A HECTIC DAY, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE IT WON'T BE?

Didn't sleep very well... kept remembering things from yesterday.  Like, the damn bus's motor was still running when I jumped on it... and I didn't give it a second thought.
But I do remember when it shuddered and stopped!  Weird that... 

I never, ever want to hold some poor kid's broken bones together again.  I kept 'feeling' them crunching and grating in my hands... it makes me cringe over and over again.


I hope that memory buggers off soon.  Sorry if that was too much information for you, but I tell it like it is/was.  I have never been in such a horrible situation like that before.  I hope the bus driver and the two kids who were injured are on the mend and back to work and school soon.


Because Brylee and Griffin heard a bit too much information about the children in the crash when I was talking to Bex, Steve and Stew, I have decided to keep them home from school today.

There is no way I want them talking about 'details' to other kids in the school ground.  
The school principal said that was a good idea.

Thanks Lorraine (my sister) for suggesting it... I would not have thought of it... I'm still in a bit of a tizz over it all.



ABOVE: the front of the bus after it was pulled away from the tree.  It's a bloody miracle  ANYONE survived!  So very sad that an 86 year old man died in such a tragic way.

Griffin has vowed to never go on a bus again!  I will have to talk to him about how, just because this happened, it does not mean going on a bus is any more dangerous than going by car or train.  Hmmm, actually, he said he didn't want to go on a train ever again too.  *sigh*   We will work through it.


So.... today?  I should start sewing two bags that have been ordered.  But I think the kids and I might just go out and have a nice day shopping or something?  Just have a lovely day and think about nice things.  

Sounds like a good idea...

ONWARD...


The day has started off very slow, which is nice.
I just heard from the School Principal who said both children on the bus will be having surgery today ... but they are doing well.

The school is accepting donations to go into gift baskets for both children, so I will  look for a few suitable things to give as our contribution.

MARYH:  swimming in the sea?  Yep, I think we will ALL be just a little bit scared after that poor man got killed by a shark at Muriwai.  Actually, I  doubt I could get in the water right now!

Been talking this morning about seatbelts.  Why the HELL don't buses have bloody seatbelts?  How many people have to suffer horrific injuries and/or DIE before something is done about safety on buses???  

We took the kids out to the mall, gave them a nice lunch, visited Spotlight (as ya do) and bought a few more fabrics for bags and what-have-you then came home.
Now the kids are enjoying their games and Bex and I are going to sit down and watch 'Home and Away' that is always taped, that way we can watch it while having our lunch usually.

I tried to have a 'Granny' nap this afternoon.  Didn't work.  *sigh*  Why do people decide to ring me when I'm trying to have a nap???
Yeah, I know.... maybe I shouldn't even try.

I am looking forward to dinner tonight.  It is 'Takeaways' night.  And I do believe I am going to have something rather evil.  I'm in the mood and it's my ONE free evil meal a week that I have allowed us.  
I hope Stew isn't too late home, I just read on the news that there has been a 5 car pile up on the motorway he comes home on. Luckily, only one person has been injured. 

End of Day:  after feeling a bit shaky in the morning... I came right by the end of the day.  Dinner was lovely too... and I enjoyed every bit of it.
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment