pro biotics

So some of you who know me more intimately know i generally have a discomfort with my digestive system. For sure, some of it is psychological, and definately some of it is biological. i've recently learned from my doctor that biologically it could be a condition called irritable bowel syndrom. So the first concern is that maybe i have stones developing in my bladdar (which i checked and i'm clear) so another possibility is that my body isn't producing the right acids and things to help with my digestive track. So he suggested i take more pro-biotics regularly!

pro biotics

I eat yoghurt on a regular basis, but i never really knew what pro biotics were except for the dancing belly on commercials. So pro-biotics are active bacteria cultures that are introduced into yoghurt to help your digestion. more info

Both products you see above are from Astro. One is a yoghurt you scoop into your mouth, the other is a drinkable, as seen in the measuring cup. The difference is that apparently Max Immunity yoghurt drink has 10 billion active bacteria cultures, which is 10 times the amount that's in the scoop-able vitaliti yoghurt on the right that also is enhanced with probiotics. I've been drinking one Max Immunity a day and i usually eat a Vitalite Yoghurt in the afternoon or evening.. and i seem to feel a lot more comfortable =]

Max Immunity costs about $5.50 for 8, and Vitalite is $6.50 for 12. I think there are more cost effective alternatives at Costco.. Activia brand and Danone. Let me know if you wanna know what i find out.

Anyways, in case people were curious. =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment