Things I'm Loving

I really enjoyed writing my 'Weekly Discoveries' post last week & have decided to write a similar post for this week. Below are some pictures that were taken whilst 'Out & About' and they show what I have been loving this week from my little world of health & nutrition!




I came across this biscuit tin and fell in love with it! It's a fantastic way of being reminded of your goals (eg eating healthy or losing weight etc) and could make you think before you sneak a cheeky biscuit! My rule of thumb is generally to only have a biscuit if you really REALLY crave one, not just because they're there or you're hungry (have healthy snacks instead). If you feel that over-eating on high-fats foods is something that you can relate to then you may want to read my 'Are YOU an Over-eater' post [click here].












Ratatouille. I seriously love this stuff! It's basically a can of lovely chopped up vegetables in a rich tomato sauce and tastes delicious. Ratatouille is easy to add to virtually any meal and you eat it hot or cold (although I much prefer it hot). It's super quick to heat up on the hob and goes great with jacket potatoes, fish dishes and much more. It's a store cupboard staple end of.






I do love a cake. Yes you heard it - and I couldn't resist these lovely cupcakes when I was out shopping the other week (fuel needed!). If you're trying to lose weight (or indeed keep to a healthy weight) then you can still eat cakes.. but you just have to monitor how often you do so. If eating cakes is a daily/weekly occurrence and you're struggling to lose weight then you may want to think about having them monthly.. a 'treat' to look forward to you could say. Read up on the 80:20 rule [click here] for more information on how to have your cake and eat it too...!










I was bought this 'Keep Calm and Carry On' pot for used tea bags/spoons and really like it - it's both attractive and useful! I am still loving my Chai Tea (as featured in my Weekly Discoveries post [click here]) but thought I'd share with you my other favourite teas too: (in no particular order) Red bush, lemon green tea, honey green tea, 50:50 green & black tea, peppermint and of course, chai. Herbal teas are a fantastic way of staying hydrated and come in so many different varieties there really is one for everyone!





My final what 'I'm Loving' item is also a new discovery for me... a Season and Shake mix! I bought a few of these as they were on offer (half price!) and was amazed at the meals produced. This particular one (lemon & dill Salmon) was super quick to prepare and cook and really did produce a seriously tasty and healthy dish. All I did was pop 2 salmon fillets and some onions and peppers into the bag provided, sprinkled in the mix and popped it in the oven. I then served it with roasted potatoes.. yum!!








Thanks for reading - hope you've enjoyed it!

Nichola x

0 comments:

Post a Comment