Weekly Discoveries

This week I seem to have discovered lots of 'new things' in the world of food & nutrition and I was eager to share them with you all. All of these pictures were taken whilst I was 'out & about' .



Chai Tea. If you follow me on twitter then you will know that I am a BIG fan of Chai Tea Lattes (it's the only hot drink I order at a coffee shop... ask for it 'skinny'), so I was extremely excited to see these Chai tea bags in the shops. Chai tea is described as being 'rich & spicy' and is a refreshing tea infused with the flavour of indian spices. I prefer to drink my Chai tea with a dash of skimmed milk. Mmmm.




I actually bought this Reduced Alcohol wine by accident - I didn't even know this product existed! I was planning on buying a mini bottle of wine (for portion control) and mixing it with diet-lemonade (spritzer!!) and picked up this one by chance (it looked pretty). ANYWAY.. This 'reduced alcohol' wine would be perfect for those who enjoy a glass of wine but want to cut down alcohol intake. Click [here] for more info on alcohol.




Innocent Smoothies. I love these and although they weren't a totally new discovery I haven't bought one in a LONG time. I was in the shops and needed something quick to see me through the morning.. I grabbed this bottle as I was most impressed with the contents counting to '2' of my '5 a day' and it tasted delicious. I will most certainly be re-purchasing!






Mini-Avocados. I don't actually think I've ever bought an avocado before (confession of a dietitian). I mean I've eaten them in salads, but I've never actually bought one myself! This week my mini-avocados finally became ripe and after pealing off a bit of the skin I scooped out the flesh and enjoyed on rye crackers.. delicious. Avocados are full of vitamin E and good fats for hair, skin and nails.. you could call them a beauty 'power' fruit.





No Added Sugar Jam. One word.. yum. I used to buy these jams all the time but then forgot about them (as you do) and it wasn't until I popped around to my friend's house that I saw a jar on the side! These jams not only taste good but have 'no added sugar'. The jam is sweetened using grape juice and is packed with the natural goodness of real fruit (wild blueberry is my favourite!)





I hope you've enjoyed reading my 'weekly discoveries' blog.. and hope that I have inspired you to look out for new foods and drinks next time your at the supermarket or shops!

Have a lovely weekend!

Nichola x

0 comments:

Post a Comment