Foodie Penpals October - Reveal!

If you haven't already heard of foodie penpals you can click [here] to find out all about it (and how you can join in too!). This month I had to send a food package to the lovely Anna and I found out (before hand) that she loves to eat healthy (and organic) food and has a young son who loves his fruit and veg. She also told me that she loves drinking tea! SO, that was the information that I was given.. and THIS is what I sent to her..

 
From Left to Right (clockwise),,,

Organic White Tea: Bursting with antioxidants (to keep us healthy!).. white tea has less caffeine than green or black tea. Perfect between meals!

Earl Grey Tea: A lovely soothing drink with milk - perfect for filling you up on cold winter nights (remember that hunger can be confused with thirst!).

Heinz Squeeze n Stir Soups: Instant healthy soup perfect for busy mums (1 of your 5 a day too!) - low in calorie.

Dark Chocolate: High in antioxidants and lower in added fat & sugar than milk or white chocolate - I packed this so Anna could make my amazing healthy chocolate brownies!

Dorset Cereals Muesli Pot: Perfect for busy mornings (breakfast is essential for weight loss! - read more about the benefits of breakfast and the recipe for my breakfast cookies by clicking the links!).

100% Pure Fruit Apple Snack: A healthy snack for all ages! - bursting with antioxidants, fibre, vitamins and minerals.

100% Fruit YoYos: They sell these in coffee shops.. so adults must be allowed to eat them too!



The package that I received was from the lovely 'Nichola' (lovely name!!) - she's in the process of setting up her own cake decorating company and has 7 children.. I let her know a bit about me and dropped a few hints as to the foods which were on my 'to purchase' list but hadn't got around to buying!! So here is what I got!


Now, I'm not going to say TOO much about these foods but what I will say is..

Chocolate raisins - yay, these are gorgeous but highly addictive and should NOT be eaten as though they are a 'healthy' food.. they are over 50% chocolate (sugar is the main ingredient) and 50g will set you back 200 calories (best saved for a more active day!!)

Pumpkin - YES I've been on the look out for this.. you can buy tinned pumpkin puree from Waitrose (I was starting to think that it was only sold in America and despairing at the fact that I'd have to roast a pumpkin...!) .. so yes, here is the lazy option and I'll be baking with this amazing low-calorie vegetable this weekend (watch this space!)

Peanut Butter - another YES .. I've been meaning to buy this for a long time as have some great healthy snack recipes coming up that I could use it in. I'm not entirely sure that I like peanut butter but it's packed full of healthy fats and so I'm going to try and like it (although not too much as it's also high in calories!)

Dried Fruit Mix - an all time favourite of mine. I've munched on some already and the rest I've popped into my 'oat' box for porridge.. yum! A perfect way of adding fibre and antioxidants to your cereal (or yoghurt as a snack!).

I want to say a big thank you to Nichola for the lovely treats and can't wait for next month's foodie penpal - do let me know if you sign up too!

Nic x

0 comments:

Post a Comment