Carrot Cake Protein Muffin Recipe

The other month, I vlogged about how to make '3 ingredient protein cookies' and earlier this week I blogged about how to make my protein pancakes.. following on from these posts (as promised) is yet another protein-based recipe. Today I bring you High Protein Carrot Cake Muffins. These muffins are super tasty and are not only high in fibre but count towards one of your 5 a day too.. carrots are a fantastic source of vitamin A, antioxidants & fibre.. these really are super healthy muffins!
To make your very own carrot cake protein muffins you will need:

Ingredients:
45g or 1 cup of oat flour (blended oats) or quick oats such as Ready Brek
160g or 1 cup of pureed or grated carrot (I just whizzed a few skinned carrots in my food processor)
50g  or 2 x scoops of vanilla protein powder (I haven't tried swapping this for skimmed milk powder .. but this swap works in other protein recipes)
3 egg whites
85g or ½ cup of Greek yoghurt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda, pinch of salt
7g or ½ cup stevia (or your chosen sweetener)
60g or ½ cup of chopped walnuts – optional or swap for almonds/pecans/dried fruit

 And here's what to do..

1)      Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C

2)      In a bowl mix the quick oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and protein powder

3)      In another bowl mix together the grated carrots, egg whites, yoghurt and stevia

4)      Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and then stir in the nuts or dried fruit

5)      Divide batter between 12 x greased muffin cases (grease with 1 cal spray oil) or non-stick muffin cases

6)      Bake for 25 minutes,  allow to cool and enjoy!

Per Muffin (x12): 75 kcal, 7g protein, 5g carb, 4g fat (high in healthy mono-unsaturated fat because of the nuts)
Happy baking! Don't forget to check out my other protein recipes on my recipe page.. have a great weekend (and look out for my healthy snacks video on my YouTube channel which goes up this weekend!).
Nic x

0 comments:

Post a Comment