DEVASTATION IN CHRISTCHURCH

The earthquake in Christchurch yesterday has been devastating... dozens of people have been confirmed dead and hundreds injured.  It's just so awful... and will continue to be for so many families over the coming weeks/months/years.

Right now the rescue people are still working to find people who are still trapped in collapsed buildings... we are riveted to our tv screens...
I am not going to post any photos ... if you wish to see any please just go on the 'net.

While it is so very sad.. I still feel the need to post some lovely photos of our newest granddaughter Emily... if only to cheer myself up:

ABOVE:  The Granddad....


ABOVE: Uncle Steve and Emily....


ABOVE: Aunty Amanda checking out the pierced ears.... and saying "Huh!... we had to wait until we were 13!"


ABOVE:  proud Grandma...


ABOVE:  rather happy cousin Griffin...


ABOVE:  Brylee and Emily, two of my granddaughters... awwwwww.


ABOVE:  could you get a more cute photo?

ABOVE:  Finally!... a photo with her eyes open!


ABOVE:  I really love this one of Emily and her Dad.

Today:  off to work at the Hospice Shop... leaving my computer to the mercy of Steve... wonder what my screensaver picture will be when I get home?  Bet it won't be what I put on it yesterday....

ONWARD....

There is only subject on everyone's minds today.  The earthquake, and the rescue efforts happening right now to try and find survivors.  New Zealand is being assisted in these efforts by many other countries and it is so welcome.
To date (this hour) there has been 75 confirmed dead and around 300 missing.  It is so very sad.  There are stories coming out from the area of amazing rescues, and just the most awful deaths.

I think the whole country has paused ... and is holding it's breath, hoping against hope that many more people are found alive.

End of Day: it is looking very grim for hundreds of missing people in Christchurch... we have been watching events unfold all day... can't watch any more...it's starting to feel like we are just watching the same thing over and over again. No survivors have been found for hours now.  Grim.
DIET: ooops forgot about that.
nite nite

0 comments:

Post a Comment