Someone yesterday said I should make myself something for a change!
Well funnily enough I was right in the middle of doing just that.
I was sick of having my needles here, there and everywhere in my sewing desk and organiser... and I'd thought of making some sort of needle holder for ages. So yesterday afternoon I did just that:
ABOVE: folded for storage....
ABOVE: and open. I do believe I have A LOT of needles! And does anyone know how I can keep the scissors from falling out the top?
ABOVE: these are the gorgeous sea shell pasta (all the way from Italy no less) that we bought from NOSH on Saturday.
ABOVE: they look gorgeous, cost a bomb... and .... not worth the extra cost really. I cooked them up last night, added a Cabonara sauce, bacon/ham/mushroom and cheese... and it could have been ANY PASTA at all. *sigh*... but they are still cute. Just won't be buying them again.
It's the first full week back at school for the kids. I am undecided yet on whether I will go back to patchwork class this term. It's such a CHORE packing everything up to take to class! I am just as happy at home now.
Still, it's not until tomorrow so I can think about it some more.
I've got a 9am meeting the the Special Needs Co-ordinator at the school today... I just want to touch base with her and express my concerns with both the kids this year.
ONWARD... I'm feeling sick again... it's NERVES. How silly, you would think by now I would be used to having meetings with School people??? Off to said meeting ....
LYNDA: since you asked, here is my pin holder:
ABOVE: I love it... the wee knob comes off to allow you to put needles in the side too... but I never do. I must have bought this pin cushion in 2000 as it's got that date on the back. It's made from New Zealand Kauri.... I can't think why I bought it way back then though, as I hated sewing up until about 3 years ago! Weird. It must have caught me fancy at the time! lol
I'm back from the meeting obviously. I THINK it went well! I was fine once I got started... I just wanted to point out my concerns about both kids and how the school is handling them. The 'new' lady was looking a bit 'steamrolled' once I was finished! Oh well... some things needed to be said. So I said them. SIMPLE EH?
Did you know that it is 75% easier to jump in the shower with your dog to bath it than run a bath? Take it from me, it is! Two dogs much cleaner now. Me? Hot and bothered. Not clean. Need a shower myself!
Kids had a friend over after school... which was nice. Met the grandmother of the kid, she's a neighbour... lovely lady.
Dinner is lamb chops with mint sauce gravy... smells delish!
End of Day: and it's been a nice evening... which I spent watching the telly while clipping the dogs some more. I think they look rather hideous, but at least I saved a lot of money! Maybe I will get better with practise. *sigh*
DIET: ooops, just ate chocolate.
nite nite.

0 comments:
Post a Comment