WHAT CAN I SAY BUT....... YAAAAA.

You all know why I think!
The kids are going back to school.... and I am going to walk them there, see them into their new classrooms and scuttle home, lie on the couch and bask in the silence!    lol

I haven't read the news yet about the Australian Cyclone... so will go and do that right now.....

ONWARD...

There isn't a lot of news coming out of Australia yet... we are at least 2 hours ahead of them... they are all asleep still! 
I've woken up feeling decidedly seedy... no idea why.  It might be a very quiet day for me until I feel a bit better.  My stomach is churning... ikkkk.

The kids are at school... I took them so I could talk to Griffin's new teacher... she seemed really nice.  AND I found out the new DP/Special Needs Co-ordinator is a lady I've met before, she taught Griffin a couple of years ago.... she's LOVELY... so fingers crossed we can work together to get Griffin on the right track at school THIS year.

BLONDIE: ? ...the new DP is not going to be teaching Griffin, her job is to try and get funding etc within the school to get a Teacher Aide or similar... and there is no guarantee that will happen.  We will have to wait and see ...

It's weird what you think about while you are washing floors!.... I got to thinking about Brylee and the last IEP meeting I had at the school about her... and her behaviour.
AND I realised a couple of things. 

1. She is picked on and singled out by other girls for ridicule.
2.  She reacts all the time by hitting back,either with words or her fists.
3.  Because she is always the one 'caught' being naughty she is always the one dragged off to the Principals office, and I'M THE ONE who is called into school to be lectured over her bad behaviour!

Now where is the fairness in all of that?
Why should the other kids who probably started it get away with it? 

With that in mind, I am going to speak up for my kid.  She is not always bad... she does have a problem with reacting to things in an inappropriate way.... it's just her nature.
I also know how groups of girls can behave, being mean and nasty to the odd girl out.... (Brylee).. and I am not going to let the school act like it's all her fault.
I fell into that trap last year.  I am not going to this year.... F&*k  them!

*sigh*... back to the floors...
Floors are done... I'm sopping wet from sweat perspiration... OMG it's like a sauna today!

I went up to the school this afternoon and made an appointment to see the teacher who organises the Special Education/Reading recovery etc for Monday morning.   I hope I don't forget!

I have been having 'waves' of nausea all day.... I have no idea why?  I'm starting to think it's just the stress of getting the kids back to school and worrying about getting the appointment to talk about what is happening with them both this year.

Some school 'people' have a way of making you feel 2 inches tall... and a fool to boot.  *sigh*

As for the Australian Cyclone, it sounds like it was terrible, but so far there have been no injuries or fatalities which is AMAZING and so lucky.

Yep I'm definitely wound up.. I'm having back spasms (like electric shocks up me backbone)... that ONLY happens when I'm super wound up.
All I feel like doing is lying down...
BUT... I have to cook dinner now.   I've got a lovely mince/bacon/vege stew on and I'm going to make it into a pie... but only pastry on the top for a change.

So, once it's in the oven I can relax and take a 'chill pill'.... Nurofen should do it.

End of Day:  a busy, kinda stressful day, but it ended nicely.  I had a long soak in a cool bath which was so lovely!  I hope it's not so hot tomorrow... nite nite.
DIET:  Fail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment