Frozen Fruits *Part 1*


Happy Diamond Jubilee Weekend!
 

Celebrate with fat-free ice-cream! - scroll to the bottom of this post to see my new update!
 
 
 

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Given the hot weather (albeit slowly disappearing in England) and the popularity of my strawberry ice-cubes post, I thought I'd experiment a bit more with frozen fruits!

First up, Bananas!

I first heard about mashing bananas to make 'fat-free ice-cream' the other week (on a fab Sunday morning TV programme) and couldn't wait to try it out. All you have to do is:

1) Mash a couple of bananas

2) Freeze for 1-2 hours.. and hey presto.. *just like ice-cream* !

- I'd also like to try the banana mashed with yoghurt however this is still on my 'to do' list!

Mashed Banana - frozen for a couple of hours *yum*

Mashed & Frozen Banana Topped with Raspberries :)
My tip would be to mash a banana and freeze it when you get in from work (if you work!), then it should be ready for after dinner.. dessert time! Another option would be to mash your bananas, freeze and allow 15 minutes for the bananas to thaw and become edible.. yum!!

I also tried chopped banana which I froze and allowed to defrost for 10-15 minuets before enjoying.. as a snack and on my morning porridge (perfect to cool things down!).

Yummy frozen banana pieces - topped with cinnamon

Frozen Banana pieces on Porridge - *cool*


I am really loving my morning *summer twist* porridge

More blogs on frozen fruits to come :) *watch this space!*

Have a great long weekend!

Nic x
 
Update (September '12): I recently purchased a new food processor which makes an even better banana-ice cream. Simply freeze chunks of banana (as before) and then whizz in a food processor until a creamy consistency.. then re-freeze for 1-2 hours and scoop out with an ice-cream scoop. delicious!
 
I added a sprinkle of cinnamon too :)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment