The Veganista Diaries: Day 6 - Dining Out: Vegan Style



Hello darlings!

It's Day 6 of my vegan/plant-based eating journey. Where do I begin? First and foremost: I feel AMAZING. Clear-headed, energetic, and so much lighter. I am now down 5 pounds (in 6 days) which is probably mainly water weight, but hey -- I'll take it! It just goes to show how much salt I was consuming. Ew! My wedding rings are sliding off my fingers. Did I have sausage hands before!? Did nobody tell me? 

Anyway.

I've been obsessed with trying vegan restaurants all over New York City and guess what? They have been delicious! I went to Pure Food and Wine this week and had the most amazing raw vegan "sushi" roll modeled after a Philadelphia roll. It had avocado, kim chee and creamy cashew cheese with tatsoi, hijiki, scallion, sweet chili sauce. It was absolutely amazing!


So good!



And last night I tried Blossom in Chelsea. Blown away! I had the black eyed pea cake appetizer which was crispy cake of yukon gold potatoes, black eyed peas and chipotle aioli, and the Cauliflower Risotto which was diced cauliflower, shiitake mushrooms, polenta croquettes, baby spinach emulsion, lemon confit. Paired up with 2 glasses of organic pinot noir and mama was in heaven!

I'm so surprised at how many gourmet vegan restaurants there are in New York City. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, maybe I just never had my eyes open to them. Either way, I am so happy that I've stepped out of my comfort zone and given them a chance.

I'm trying V-Note next week for my wedding anniversary which just so happens to be on Valentine's Day. My poor hubby is such a trooper! I'll let everyone know how that goes, but somehow I think it's going to juuuuust fine.

xoxo
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment