Cooking Inspirations


How do you choose what to cook? Do you look in recipe books? Online? Ask your friends or family? I thought I'd share with you my top 'cooking inspirations' .. where I go too to get ideas of what to cook and blog.. maybe I can inspire you too!

A few of my Recipe Books!

Recipe Books

Recipe books are great for ideas of what to cook.. I personally like to see pictures of what I'm going to cook first, but that's just me! My top tip for buying a new recipe book is to look at it first. Go to a book shop and have a flick through the books on sale.. remember what you want it for and then see if the book meets your needs. For example, do you want a 'healthy' cooking book e.g. for low fat recipes, or do you want a recipe book to inspire evening entertainments.

I personally am a fan of the GoodFood range from the BBC - I love their simplicity.. a recipe on one page (with not too many ingredients!) and a picture of the meal on the other. The books are crammed with tasty dishes to cook and are divided up into different sections, for example: salads, soups & snacks / 30-minute or simple suppers / meals without meat / weekend specials or entertaining / desserts. I have 101 meals for two, 101 more one-pot dishes and 101 more low-fat feasts (as pictured above).

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals is a relatively new purchase.. and I must admit I have only 'eaten from it' so far.. but that's what inspired me to buy it - the delicious meals you can create from it! The Food Hospital Recipe Book is great for people who want to learn more about the power of food treating illnesses and medical conditions.. it doesn't have a lot of recipes inside but I like it!



Mornflake also kindly sent me the above recipe book, from which I baked 'oat & date slices' and would recommend it to anyone who likes to cook with oats!

Online

I love searching for healthy new recipes on the Internet and although it is slightly awkward cooking whilst looking at my phone/laptop you could just print them out! Here are my top websites for my cooking inspiration:











Pinterest

I've only recently discovered Pinterst but can safely say I'm addicted to it! If you haven't heard of Pinterest, it's basically an online pin board on which you can 'pin' any picture that you find on the Internet. Then when you need some cooking inspiration you can just look at your pin board, click on a picture of a food that you like the look of and *bam* it takes you to the website with the recipe on.. I seriously love it.


You can check out my pin board [here].

Nic's Nutrition
Yes, I really do look at my 'recipes page' for inspiration and cooking instructions.. I love every recipe that I blog, otherwise I wouldn't share them with you and I cook the dishes time and time again!
Click [here] to see the selection of healthy recipes that are featured on my website!

 

I hope you have a great weekend!
Let me know if you recommend any good websites for recipes!

Nic x

P.s .. The winners of the My Muesli giveaway are .. LGBrown and SW25 !! *congratulations* - I will contact you directly to arrange delivery of your prize! Thank you everyone for your entries!

0 comments:

Post a Comment