The last of New York

IMG_1237 IMG_1245 Fig & Olive IMG_1267 levin bakery IMG_1297 IMG_1313 _MG_2920 momofuku _MG_2893

We're finally going to wrap up these New York posts, I believe they've been lingering for a little too long by now. The last two days of our New York trip back in November (that's a long time ago!) was pretty relaxing. To start off Sunday, we went to Williamsburg Flea which happened at the same place as where Smorgasbug market was on Saturdays. Some of the food vendors are there for both days of the weekend, so we had a delicious lunch taken care of. We checked out a camera store and shopped a little then ended up in Chelsea for dinner. Gabe's cousin Vivian, who also happened to be in NYC that weekend, suggested us to have dinner at Fig & Olive. We had a wonderful meal that was inspired by Spainsh, French and Italian flavours. You can try so many kinds of olive oil, I'm always surprised to find how different olive oils can be.

Our flight was on Monday afternoon, so we woke up bright and early to savour the last little bit of time we can spend in the city. I had never been inside of Central park before, and I'm always very impressed by the photos I saw in books and magazines, but when I finally surrounded myself within this enormous park, I was blown away. I'm so glad we visited during the fall, because the layers of colours make this public space more beautiful than it already is. We also heard about this little bakery by the park called Levain has great pastries, so we bought some chocolate chip brioche and cookies to bring to the park. I have to say they brought our experience to another level, I highly recommend those brioche.

Before we had to head back to pack up our suitcases, we walked through Union Square market and dropped by a Momofuku Milk Bar for some cereal milk. I'm not a big fan of the cakes and cake truffles, but I really enjoyed the cereal milk shake we had. Maybe Gabe and I should try to make a cereal milk ice cream, mmmmmmmm,

Bye bye New York.

0 comments:

Post a Comment