Table 17



Farmer's Breakfast

We might not have been posting as often this summer but we haven't stopped trying out new brunch spots. Gabe and I have heard good things about Table 17, so we went a couple weeks ago. And the result you ask? I think we found a new favourite.

First of all, I much prefer a brunch place that's filled with daylight. Table 17 is not only well light but also cozy. Qith the wool panels on the wall and rustic furniture, the place feels pretty close to home.

Their menu is fairly simple, when you read the descriptions of each dish, it seems there are many little things that make up each dish. I like to get as many varieties as I could on my plate and the farmer's breakfast caught my eyes immediately. Scotch eggs, Ontario cheddar & brie, pork rillette and country toast make up this rustic breakfast. I had no idea what a scotch egg was until we asked the waitress. And you might have guessed from the picture above, a scotch egg is a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat and then deep-fried. Sounds heavenly delicious, doesn't it? It was! Plus, the portion is just right and I got what I wanted for brunch, balanced protein/green/starch. Oh and I shall not forget to mention the caramelized onions is so perfect with cheese and toast.

Gabe had the Sloppy Giuseppe, two fried eggs served with Bolognese Sauce and fried polenta ,and we shared a side of double smoked bacon. Both are very good. Gabe wished there's more polenta in the Sloppy Giuseppe, because that's his favourite starch to have, not to mentioned it is fried!

0 comments:

Post a Comment